Mar 13, 2009

Cyclone donuts anyone?


Ever seen a ten thousand pound truck use four wheel drive to spin donuts so fast it goes up on two wheels and nearly takes flight or flips out of control causing mass disaster but doesn't? Well I saw Maximum Destruction do that and a whole lot more Saturday at THUNDER NATIONALS at the Pensacola Civic Center!! Not a monstrous venue, but sufficient for inspirnationally destructive monster jamming.

First we recognized the US Military servicehumans. Then came God Bless the USA and the National Anthem as we prayed the Pledge of Allegiance. Then came earplugs, monster truck exhibitions/racing, staged quad racing (yeah, that guy didn't really bet his girlfriend on that race he didn't really win), FMX with high flying back flips, and freestyle monster trucking with a twisterous donut contest. I didn't join in the event, preferring to let the amateurs mash it out while I rested my pistons for last Sunday's big race, NASCAR Sprint Cup's Kobalt Tools 500 at the Atlanta Motor Speedway!!

I woke up Sunday with my motor running high, fastened my immobilizing wrist braces, logged in, clicked on my 4 drivers and held on to first place better than Kurt Busch can do a victory lap in reverse. I left my laptop in the shop a couple days extra after that road-ripper. Now cool your engines as my next NASCAR event (3/22), Sprint Cup's Food City 500 at the Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, TN, approaches like molasses dripping down a skyscraper. Lance Mantis, aka Bristol Pete Lairavich, veering off.

No comments:

Post a Comment